Munduk Waterfall Bali Indonesia or Air Terjun Munduk Bali Indoensia,
One of Bali's must see atteactions is located about 82 kilometers from Airport , in the rainforest around Munduk Village within the regency of Buleleng. Even if the trip to this natural treasure in the north of Bali takes about 2 ½-3 hours, it is well worth the effort. On the way you will see wild monkeys and have fantastic valley views. To mention one thing in advance. If youy plan to go to Munduk... Stay overnight! Even if you will not find a 5 star hotel here the area is so wonderful that you forget about the basic accommodation. Rooms withour aircon (which you don't need at all due to the climate) can be found around the water fall and include a fantastic valley and sunset view.
Munduk Waterfall is situated about 850m above sea level and the climate is very different to the one you know in Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak or any other cities located in the south of Bali and the complete area makes you calm down.
A small parking lot for motorbikes or two cars is provided directly at the beginning of the path. If they are occupied just park a couple of meters away in Munudk village and walk there.
The path to Munduk waterfall itself is partially very steep but during dry season not slippery at all. Due to the steepness, the way down to Munudk waterfall is just a piece of cake, but the way back you probably only can handle if you add a short stop. You don't have to be afraid of aggressive sales at all as you can find along the path only one small stall, occupied by an older lady selling spices.
Comments and reviews about Munduk Waterfall and Village are outstanding:
- “Highlight of my holiday”
- “Like a film set”
- “Amazing Fauna and Flora”
and finally say everything that is needed to say about the area.
We were personally fascinated by Munduk Waterfall and the area around Munduk. We and can agree on these great comments ande highly recommend to everybody who stays in the mass tourism areas to escape them at least once and stay overnight in such a sleepy, fascinating, beautiful and picture perfect area.
- Tip 1: Recommended to vacationers travelling without a guide - This Attraction is easy to find
- Tip 2: Don’t eat before you go there. Have lunch or dinner at a local Warung (Restaurant) in Munduk instead and enjoy a great view over the private gardens and the valley below.
- Tip 3: Munduk waterfall is one of Bali’s so-called Niagara Falls. Just 1 kilometer away from this natural beauty you will be able to find the second “Niagara Falls” named Melanting Waterfall. If your batteries still have enough power and you haven’t seen enough water, have a quick stop at Air Terjun Melanting before you rest and enjoy your food.
- Tip 4: Don't forget to bring your trainers, swimmwear and towels.
- Also the area around Munduk Waterfall, with its two twin lakes, is visually stunning. The clove plantations and rice fields with the backdrop of Bali’s most popular mountains make Munduk area a terrific place.