My Life Story Grows On Trees Where Will Your Story Be
BALI, 27 September 2019 - In a world that is quickly turning into a selfish and often a needy society, it is no wonder that the idea of being a philanthropist is not the main topic of conversation among individuals and groups. Although it is less common today, as it may have been in years or centuries, it is not an idea that has completely died. This is because the examples of philanthropist can be found all around through acts of kindness.
There are a few true eco warrior and there are people who aren’t happy just donating time or money to environmental charities, but those whose work had as profound an impact on the drafting of a bill or the success of a project.
Support by influential people such as H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco, Melinda Gates, Susi Pudjiastuti, Love & O2 is an awareness campaign, a call for Mother Earth, to preserve and protect the rainforest of Indonesia and inspire people to follow their steps and helps in every little way they can.
Founded In 2016 by Delia Von Rueti , Love & O2 donated 2500 hectares of land with the dream of building the first tropical rainforest park to be enjoyed by generations, the land is permanently changed it from agricultural land to High Conservation Value (HCV).
The Friends of the Rainforest Park is located in the incredible ecosystem of Central Kalimantan, and is positioned right outside the town of Muara Teweh (7km from Beringin Airport). They welcome everyone to come visit and help them to plant more trees, or simply see what they have been achieved, as its called ‘Bumiku Untukmu’. ‘This is actually an invitation, how we can love our self maybe a little bit more. “Mu” it means us and “Ku” is our children, our future and our next generation.
“I’m not linked to any NGO or other Charitable Organization. This is simply my donation to the country I love. We sell our merchandise in the knowledge that all the profit from each one bought will help protect, plant and maintain the park. Actions speak louder than words. “ said Delia.
Through this project She aims to inspire people to help in every little way they can. Starting from adding a plant in their garden. She hopes her campaign will grow and reach every corner of Indonesia, as well as the rest of the world. Much more needs to be done and with everyone help we can make this world a better place.
In order to save and maintain the rainforest and gather people to involve with a little help, Love & O2 do some initiatives by producing their own product such as T-shirt and scarf lovingly design by Delia herself. By purchasing each product it will go towards planting and upkeep of a tree within the tropical park. Not only fashion product Love & O2 has another brand called ‘Overdozz With Love from Bali’, a healthy food that usually known as granola, contain 10 healthy ingredients. Trough purchasing their Brainfood, people help Love & O2 protect with 15% from the profits as its tagline “Save the Rainforest while you eat breakfast”.
Everyone and anyone can be a philanthropist by simply having a desire to do good and improve human welfare – and doing good. All of these small things add up to make a big impact that can truly change someone’s life for the better.
About Delia Von Rueti
Born in the jungles of Sumatra, Indonesia, Delia is a philanthropist, artist, entrepreneur and passionate advocate for sustainable farming. Her philanthropic commitment aligns with environment protection, and education for the empowerment of women everywhere.
Delia and her beloved family provide the opportunity for a stable income for farmers on her own plantation in Indonesia, and her unique approach is often replicated by global development agencies as best practice, and a model for multiple ethical public (and private) partnerships in the establishment of sustainable forestry and plantation projects.
About Love & O2 Project
• We have financially compensated all small Farmers that operated without papers or permission on the land
• We currently employ 57 people to clean and guard the existing trees and prepare previously logged sites for planting. We hope to add more employees.
• We have ongoing extensive community training to raise awareness and teach the people of the importance to protect our forests.
• We have stopped dozens of illegal logging operations and are happy to report that no more illegal logging was witnessed this year.
• We have studied the land and acquired a well-balanced and diversified set of seedlings to return the forest back to its rich bio-diversified past
• We have placed signs all around the property to inform local communities that this is now a protected area and no more farming or logging is permitted within the area. This is fully supported and enforced by the local Government.
• Farmers that have operated primitive farming on the HCV Concession will receive 2ha of farm land and financial support for planting
*Love and O2 Supporters*
It’s always encouraging to see world top leaders do genuine good, and these people make headlines for their spirited contributions to the environmental support for Love & O2 Rainforest project:
- Prince Albert II of Monaco
- Queen Noor, Queen Consort of Jordan
- Melinda Gates
- Martin Blessing - Co President of Global Wealth
- Josef Stadler - UBS Global Head Ultra High Net Worth
- John Bernstein - Generation Investment Management
- Stefano Gabbana