Balinese Spicy Prawns in Tomato Sauce
Cooking, Indonesian Recipes - Cooking, Recipes from Bali, Indonesia
Cooking, Traditional Balinese Recipes - Cooking Fish Recipes
Authentic Balinese Spicy Prawns in Tomato Sauce
Sambal Udang Bali
- 400 g Large prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp Spice paste for seafood
- 1 tbsp Spiced tomato sauce
- 1 stack Lemon grass, bruised
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves bruised
- 1 Bird’s eye chilli whole bruised (optional)
- 1 small Carambola, (sour stare fruit crushed) Optional 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 pinch Black pepper, crushed
- 1 cup Coconut cream
- 1 medium Tomatoes peeled, seeded and cut in wedges
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 pinch Salt
- Heat oil in saucepan.Add prawns and sauté on both sides until color changes.
- Add seafood spice paste, sambal tomat, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, small chilli, salt and black pepper. Mix well and continue to sauté for one more minute.
- Add chicken stock and coconut cream and bring to boil, reduce heat, add sour stare fruit, tomato wedges and simmer for one more minute; season to taste with lime juice salt and pepper.
- Should sauce thicken too much add a little more chicken stock.